Smart Grid Project in Henares Region
Joint Demonstration Project led by IBERDROLA and GAS NATURAL FENOSA, consisting in the deployment of a global intelligent electrical network solution for their power distribution systems in a shared geographic area, in order to get the experience and knowledge in deploying and managing intelligent transmission and distribution power systems.
Project submitted to the INNPACTO funding program, funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness and by FEDER funding.
PRICE project DER activities are focussed on:
- Monitor and automate the MV/LV power network, improving its operation and maintenance.
- New power management system.
- Improve the integration of already existing distributed generation.
- New options and services to integrate demand.
- Facilitate the integration of electric vehicles.
- Contribution to interoperability and common open standards.
Smart grids Functions
The main functions of the project are:
- Measurements integration (V, I, P, Q).
- Power system for voltage stability of the generator = 2 x DFACTS.
- Development of a Distributed Generation Control Center including state estimator algorithm.
- Increase the monitoring level of power grids.
- Reactive power flow control.
- Communications network architecture design.
- Requirements for the Distributed Generation Control Center.
- State estimator specification.
- DG Management equipment specification.
- Functional requirements for Voltage Control.
- Test Cases.